Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dinosaur Hunter 1974

  I don't mean to offend animal lovers, Please remember this photo is form 1974. Thinking was a lot different then.

It's been said, as an Artist  "too make your work believable, draw from your own experiences"
Well this is one of my favourite childhood memories. My Dad holding a live Snapping Turtle, he caught.
  Yes, that's 4 yr old me , wide eyed on the fence.
 As a kid I could out-do my friends  in "My Dad is better than yours"  Show downs.  It was had to beat that in those days. I would charge 50 cents to bring kids in the house to see it.
  Have ever seen these things up close? It's Claws are as long as my adult pinky, and plates running down it's tail.
  My hole life, this monster Stared at me from his mounted log, sitting on my parent's Flip up turn table stereo ,8 Track console.
  The Monster still sits on the stereo too this day.

 Some kids' fathers went fishing...... My dad went Dinosaur hunting!
Hmmmm..... possible show? Dinosaur Hunter 1974! Anything is possible. I'll work on that one and get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment